Thursday, April 24, 2014

My First Fix!

I'll admit it, my closet is nothing to be admired and I'm awful when it comes to shopping for and dressing myself. Like, really bad - so bad in fact that I often buy outfits exactly like they are on the mannequin. I just do not have that eye for fashion. 

When my AEA moms started talking about StitchFix my interest piqued. A stylist service? Just for me? Not some automated trashy shoe service? This sounds fun. So, with a hint of skeptism I filled out the profile. I got excited when it asked if I was a mother, and on occupation it listed homemaker (gasp). At the bottom it had a place to write a note to my stylist and I let them know that I was looking for items I could breastfeed in. 

So, here's what came in my box:

2 tops, a canvas tote, mint maxi dress and a black and oatmeal diagonal stripped maxi skirt. 

Not pictured is my favorite part of the box - "style cards" that picture both a casual and a dressy way to style each item. EXACTLY what I need. If I would have kept all 5 items they would have averaged 39.5/item (including tax, 25% off discount and $20 styling fee) 

I really, really love the two tops. The one with the pink accents is more of a lightweight cardigan. I wore it today for our picnic at the park with a nursing cami underneath, and those sweet buttons popped right open when I went to nurse Reagan. But it worked great and was super cute on. 

I wasn't a fan of the tote. It's cute, I'm just over flowing with bags around here and it was too deep for my taste. 

I really liked the dress, I actually own 3 very similar to it, but the independent price rage was $78 and I had a hard time justifying it. 

The maxi skirt was cute, but I felt kinda meh about it. I didn't have to have it so I passed. 

Here's what I wore today 

If you decide to sign up for a box it's very low risk. No obligation for a monthly box - super easy to cancel and/or change your delivery schedule. I'd love if you'd use my referral link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment